15th Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy: 6 to 9 September – CRWU
The Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy is organized each year, with IP scholars from universities of Europe and North America. Faculty includes highly regarded academics from top-ranked law schools around the world, including Bocconi University.
The course is organized this year on the lavish campus of Case Western Reserve University School of Law, from 6 to 9 September. It features leading IP scholars and researchers from multiple countries in Europe and North America. The number of participants is limited to 50. Attendees must meet one of the following:
- have a graduate degree in law, economics or engineering;
- have an undergraduate degree in law (subject to a selection procedure);
- be a current American JD or graduate student; or
- be a young researcher or professional working in TTOs.
A participatory and interactive teaching approach is used for all sessions, including business examples and studies, practical exercises and direct contact opportunities with IP operators and companies. Free tutor assistance is also available. Attendance certificates are granted at the completion of the program and participants who need an exam completion for obtaining credits from their Universities or Professional Bodies may request to undertake an end of course exam.
An optional daily recreational program is available in advance to participants and includes invitations to cultural and social activities at free or limited costs.
- Graduate Degree in Law, Economics or Engineering; or
- Undergraduate Degree in Law or current American JD or graduate student; or
- The program is also open to government officials, lawyers, researchers and professionals working in TTOs.
|For more information, visit:|
Add to Calendar:
For one week each year, Case Western Reserve University School of Law organizes or takes part in the Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy jointly with other schools and universities.
Program contents include inter-disciplinary, high-level teaching on intellectual property, Internet technology and international economic law and policy (as per details below), with added value in each of the following fields:
- North American, European and International IP and Economic Law and Policy;
- North American, European and International IP and Trade and Investment Economics;
- North American, European and International IP as a tool for Researchers;
- North American, European and International IP and Trade and Investment Business operational models.
As a result of their attendance to the Transatlantic Summer IP Academy 2022, participant lawyers, economists, scientists and engineers, as well as business specialists (at student or young professional level) are to:
- enhance, thanks to lectures by the best international IP specialists, their international knowledge in their own field of expertise;
- better embrace intellectual property, high-tech and international trade globally, as a subject item at the crossroads between different stakeholders.